10.20.2009

Another notable quote

"I love wearing high heels, I love wearing silk stockings and I love wearing hot pants. In those three, I feel like a Thirties tough girl. If I didn't look in the mirror, I might just mistake myself for Rita Hayworth or Marlene Dietrich. How great is that?"
Yoko Ono. [Daily Express] via Jezebel

That's some chutzpah. I need to find something that makes me feel like Marlene Dietrich. Of course, then I'd just be singing "Ich bin von Kopf bis Fuß auf Liebe eingestellt..." und das geht gar nicht. (Tee hee.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that! I think you have to find the things that bring out your chutzpah...for me, high heels definitely, boots, & big earrings. ever since I've grown my hair long, I've been all about the big earrings. they make me feel sassy!

Darby O'Shea said...

BJG: Yeah, I just haven't found something badass enough to reach SUCH heights! MD is a badass goddess. Anyway, yes to the big earrings. I'm considering chopping off all my hair again, in small part because I wear bigger earrings when I have less hair. Funny that it's just the other way around for you...