4.30.2010

Roadtrip bites: Marion's Pie Shop

This post has been a long time coming, I realize, but better late than never, right?  As you all know, a few weeks ago, Dan and I went to the Cape for a little getaway.  On the way back, we stopped in Chatham (whoa, that's a rich town) at a friend's suggestion (thanks Jess P.!).  She tipped us off about a LOVELY little pie shop that, really, might be worth the drive from Boston all on its own.  Behold: Marion's Pie Shop.
We picked up a seafood pie for dinner and it was utterly divine.  It had lobster (big, fat, juicy chunks, nothing wimpy here), scallops, shrimp, and cod all bubbling away in a cream sherry sauce and encased in the most tender, flaky, buttery pastry crust I've ever put in my grateful mouth.  In case I'm not being clear, it was a sublime act of baking.



To keep it short and sweet, I'll skip to the moral of this story: If you find yourself within a hundred miles of this place and you don't stop, you're missing out.

3 comments:

Amy B. said...

That pie looks yummy! Love pies, wish I'll learn how to perfectly make 'em. Thanks for sharing by the way, just sucks I'm not in US :-P

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Jess P said...

so psyched you made it there! the crust is so unreal that it makes me even less inclined to attempt it myself after several amateur/failed attempts. i ate a **whole** small pie to myself after a marathon training run in chatham